My Motivation for Today
Thursday, January 03, 2013
Credit to Shrink71 for this blog.
i am a scale-aholic. I weigh daily. It keeps me accountable, it keeps me motivated. When I weigh daily I know where I stand. I can adjust my diet and exercise plan accordingly. I want to maintain a healthy weight, and i want to to always keep in mind what I need to eat to maintain.
i watched the HBO series the Weight of America. it says that even after you lose, you need to eat 20% LESS than your target calories to maintain. We have changed our internal clocks so that we need less calories. So I think daily weighing is really helpful there.
But I think being a scale aholic is good. You just need to get your mind around, that you are more than a number. i have a lot of NSVs.
* getting rid of big clothes- Donating them so others can enjoy
* measuring my waist and seeing inches lost
* size medium that is loose. Considering that I may sometime need a size small (sigh)
* realizing that I now take much smaller portions, because i get full easily
* loving exercise
* seeing muscles in my arms and legs
I am a scale-aholic, but I am more than a number on the scale.
Have a sparked day!