Week 5, 6 & 7 Recap
Wednesday, January 02, 2013
I am going to have to recap Weeks 5, 6, and 7 together because I was in FL when I should have written the week 5 recap and it was Christmas when I should have written week 6.
First Week 5:
1. Track Food - I did really well tracking food the first part of the week then completely fell off when I left for FL. I don't really like the food tracker on the phone that much and my computer access was minimal for the 4 days I was down there, so for future trips, I will have to suck up and work the phone app or find another way to track.
2. Strength 2x per week - I actually did really well with this. I got 2 strength workouts in at work before I left for FL, and then did a CrossFit workout with my brother while I was down there.
3. Run 3x per week - I got all my runs in this week as well. My long run actually went really well, and my 2 other runs were solid.
4. Putter - Due to the travel, I didn't get in much putter-time this week. I spent the time I would have been puttering running around getting stuff ready to leave.
Overall, this was a good week – one of my best weeks to date. However, it was followed by....
1. Track Food - nope, not even once. I came back from FL and launched directly into holiday nuttiness. I have no idea what I ate, when or where it came from. Not good.
2. Strength 2x/week - nope again, although I will say I was insanely sore from the Crossfit workout, so I intentionally skipped a workout to recover. Then Holiday stuff picked up and I was doing that instead of working out.
3. Run 3x/week - I did the week's "long" run (recovery week so it was short, and thank God for that - I thought I was going to die of heat stroke) and an interval workout with my brother (and his dog - the dog won't walk, but he will run intervals. Go figure). I think I got one run in mid-week, but skipped a run because of Andrew's department holiday party on Thursday.
4. Putter - Puttering didn't happen again because of the Holiday madness. It was all hustle, bustle, cooking, cleaning, and traveling.
Asides from the food, I did ok all things considered. I don't expect to completely maintain my schedule over the holidays - that just sets me up for failure, so I do what I can, try and make good decisions, and roll with it.
1. Track food - Nope again. The beginning part of the week was Christmas - I went from Andrew's Family Party, to my parents’ house for Christmas, to Andrew's Mom' Christmas Eve bash - all 3 days I had zero control over the menu. While there was definitely veggie matter and portioning in there, it was much too difficult to try and track, so I didn't bother. The intention was to start after Christmas again, but that didn't happen because I got sick. Sinus infection. It was nasty.
2. Strength 2x per week - also didn't happen, due to sinus infection.
3. Run 3x per week - I did get my long run in on Sunday at my parent's house. It was 7 miles, my time was good, but I had a sore throat and nothing about it felt good. I think the pace looked so good because I just wanted it over and done with. The rest of the week was rest, rest, rest.
4. Putter - I did putter some this week. My kitchen pantry for example looks much better now and is much more functional, even if Andrew can't find anything anymore. Overall though, I did a lot of sitting around because I just wasn't feeling well.
With the holidays behind me now and the sinus infection on the way out, things will go back to a more even keel, at least for a few weeks until we leave for Key West at the end of the month. Only 6 weeks to go to my Half Marathon!