Monday, December 31, 2012
It's a quiet New Year's Eve here. Just my boyfriend and I this year. We had leftovers for dinner and having been watching an Auction Kings marathon on the Discovery Channel. My boyfriend actually is asleep. Hopefully he'll wake up in time for a New Year's kiss. It's been a very lazy day today. A friend of mine and her new boyfriend were over last night and we stayed up quite late, so we're not in the mood for doing much today. It's been kind of nice to lounge around in my comfy clothes and fuzzy socks.
So it's time to get serious about making New Year's resolutions. I really want 2013 to be the year I finally reach my weight loss goals. It's kind of strange, given how much time and effort I put into thinking about losing weight, how little weight I actually lost this year. Although I am down close to 15 pounds for the year, so that's a good thing. I think I'd like to lose about 60 more pounds. I'd be really happy if I got there by my birthday. That's 10 months away -- 6 pounds a month seems pretty achieveable.
Here's what I'd like to accomplish this year, divided up by categories.
- 5 workouts a week. The plan right now is running twice a week, kettlebells twice a week and a class at Goodlife once a week
- Total of 70000 steps and 70 flights of stairs each week
- Stick with the slow carb plan 6 days per week
- Plan meals
- Eat consciously -- smaller bites, chew more, enjoy food
- Take serious steps to reduce debt. Stop using credit cards except when absolutely necessary, and if online purchases are made, make a payment on the credit card immediately. Live on a cash budget.
- Start exploring ways to make extra money from home outside of my job.
- Start booking massages again
- Do something for me every week (read a book, paint nails, etc.)
- Remember to be grateful and strive to be positive
- Continue blogging regularly -- 5 days a week
- Find active things to do with my kids -- snowshoeing, skating, or even playing board games in the evening
That's more than enough I think. A lot really. I think I can do all of this. I really want to make this the year where I focus on me, and putting myself first. Something I typically don't do, at least not without a great deal of guilt.
Happy New Year everyone. Here's to a magnificent 2013!