We were encouraged in the winter challenge of the biggest loser to set goals for this challenge.
My goals are:
1. Run at least 3 days a week - shoot for 4 days.
2. Cut back to 2 cups of coffee a day.
3. Get out of my maternity pants!
4. Lose 5% of my weight. That's 9.3 pounds. I can do it!
5. Blog about my progress once a week.
This will be my first blog and I will return to blog about how my week went next Monday. It is great to set goals but I know I must create a plan to be successful with those goals. This is my plan:
1. I want to run at least 3 days a week (possibly 4). How will I achieve this? By setting up an appointment to go running on the days I know I can do it. Those days will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and I will try on Satudays. I did this before I got pregnant I know I can do it again - it's just getting back into the routine of things.
2. Cut back to 2 cups of coffee a day. My plan is to just do it. With a 5 month baby at home being tired is just part of the package, but I know if I begin exercising regularly again it will increase my energy so I won't need those extra cups of coffee that I've been drinking. Plus I'm trying to think of my sons health - since I'm breast feeding - it isn't good for me to drink as much as I am.
3. Get out of my maternity pants: this will happen if I run and only if I run. Other excersie will work too - but I love to run. My biggest dilema right now is my stomach and I know for a fact running helps with belly fat so if I put into action goal one then goal three will happen.
4. Lose 5% of my weight. I know I can do this. When I came back to Spark People in October my first short term goal was to lose 10% of my weight and I have accomplished that. I set my goal of 5% for this challenge because it ends in March - I want to be realistic and not say 10% because I'm not sure if I'll be able to lose that much weight in 3 months. But I know I can lose 5% in 3 months - again this will happen if I exercise and eat properly of course - but I feel that I'm already pretty good at that.
5. Blogging about my progress - there's not much of a plan there. I just have to do it - remembering is the key. So I have put a reminder on my calendar so I won't forget to do it.
Good luck to all in this New Year. I pray 2013 is the best year yet!