Sophie's Diet Chocolate Martini
Makes one, or two to tango
1 tsp packed brown sugar, or more to taste as learned by experience (burp)
1 (sort of heaped) tsp cocoa
1 tb water
1/2 c. or so of 2% milk
1 oz or so vodka (hic)
1/2 tsp chopped dark chocolate (yum)
If desired, a dollop of creme de cocoa or Bailey's or :) both, or both plus whipping cream
1. In small saucepan drop the brown sugar and cocoa. Mash together to smooth lumps.
2. Add water. Boil and stir a few moments until hot and smooth
3. Turn flame to low. Add milk until a hot-cocoa color is attained or to taste.
4. Stir until incorporated, remove from flame. Cool.
5. Add vodka.
6. Pour into ice-filled shaker to chill.
7. Pour into martini glass, and sprinkle with chocolate. Enjoy
Note: Do not worry if you have to start over several times. The finished product is worth the trouble. I had to stop again and again to mop up my mess to avoid falling. Do NOT burn yourself, as I did twice (sob). Nappy New Hear, Sparkers!!
image from tumblr
Caution: DO NOT DRIVE to the store for more vodka! You can use sipping whiskey, or everclear, or whatever's on hand.