It’s hard to imagine that with one set of dumbbells you can get a total body workout, but you can. Work your upper body, legs, glutes, core, biceps, triceps, and shoulders with these exercises:
1. Dumbbell Wood Chop- (low to high)- works your legs, core, shoulders, back, chest
2. Squat- (dumbbell held at chest height) add a biceps curl, or shoulder press for an additional boost.
3. Biceps curl- (Try one arm at a time to have an additional core use) Step back into lunge for an additional effort and do the curl on the way back to standing
4. Triceps Overhead Extension- Watch your form in the mirror to make sure you lower the weight to the point of maximum benefit.
5. Chest press- Perform on a stability ball for additional core work. Do chest press with one side at a time for a change of pace, and to challenge your muscles in a new way
6. V-ups- For an additional challenge, hold one dumbbell in your hands. Watch form and try to keep legs straight with a flat back
7. Shoulder press or upright row- It helps in building strong, well-rounded shoulders
8. Lawnmower- While bent at the waist with a flat back, pull your arm with a dumbbell up to shoulder level, keeping your body from twisting away from the dumbbell
A challenging, total body workout can be accomplished with one set of dumbbells and some dedication. You will boost your metabolism and feel more energized.
Sunday Workout :
bike on street- 55 minutes
1 cup egg whites (120 cal)
2 oz old fashioned oatmeal, cinnamon ( 187 cal)
1 bowl high fiber organic raisin bran breakfast cereal, 1/2 cup non-fat milk (156 cal)
4 oz tuna steak (165 cal)
salad- 10 oz assorted greens: organic spinach, broccoli, pea pods, broccoli slaw, 1/2 orange sweet pepper (100 cal)
3 oz brown rice ( 105 cal)
2 oz fat free feta (45 cal)
1 portion spring water packed tuna, 2 tbsp. vanilla flavored non-fat yogurt, 1/2 tsp pickle relish, 1/2 whole wheat pita (190 cal)
vegetable lasagna (423 cal)
1 cup romaine with balsamic, parmesan, extra virgin olive oil ( 57 cal)
1 whole wheat baguette dipping sauce of balsamic vinegar and rosemary olive oil (210 cal)
no sugar added chocolate pudding, 1/4 cup blueberries (80 cal)