Male or Female?
Friday, November 30, 2012
Over the past few yearsI have noticed while driving down the street a young woman walking down the sidewalk, only, much to my chagrin, to pass this person and find "he" is wearing a beard. I know I'm getting along in yearsw, But if you had told me at the age of 15 I wouldn't be able to tell the sex of someone walking down the street, I would have said you are crazy. I might even have gone to call you, "Nukkin' Futz!"
You may not know this but many non-living things have a gender:
1) Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.
2) Copiers are Female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. It’s an effective reproductive device if the right buttons are pushed, but can wreak havoc if the wrong buttons are pushed.
3) A Tire is Male, because it goes bald and it’s often over-inflated.
4) A Hot Air Balloon is Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have to light a fire under it, and of course, there’s the hot air part.
5) Sponges are Female, because they’re soft, squeezable and retain water.
6) A Web Page is Female because it’s always getting hit on.
7) A Subway is Male, because it uses the same old lines to pick people up.
8) An Hour glass is Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom.
9) A Hammer is Male, because it hasn’t changed much over the last 5,000 years, but it’s handy to have around.
10) A Remote Control is Female. Ha! You thought it’d be male, didn’t you? But consider this,- it gives a man pleasure, he’d be lost without it, and while he doesn’t always know the right buttons to push, he keeps trying!
Sorry, I didn't realize how long it had been since my last blog. I will try to do better. If you think about what I just wrote, you might not know exactly what I meant. When I re-read it, I didn't.