Positive thinking -- Does it work?
Friday, November 09, 2012
What have I done since November 1st to change what’s not working?
1. I changed my ticker. Instead of saying I have x amount to lose (a negative), it says how many pds I have lost (a positive)
2. I started a gratitude journal and I am writing one thing I am thankful for everyday.
3. I am tracking my food again
4. I am trying very hard to drink lots of water.
5. I have printed out and taped motivational pictures and quotes here and there for me to see everyday.
And the results – well on day 8, I have finally lost another pd. Which is actually 5 pds cuz I was up 4 pds over my last weight loss entry. I haven’t gone below losing 32 pds since March, which I told myself was fine, because how I feel is more important than how I look. Which is true, but, I wouldn’t mind looking good as well. But, now I have officially lost 33 pds.
And, basically this loss is the result of positive thinking and positive actions. I haven't really changed what I am eating or how I am exercising yet.
Sometimes the smallest things will give us joy ---