30,000-39,999 SparkPoints 38,543

bad day! But it is tracked and forgotten.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

So, isn't it amazing that you can abuse your body for years, feed it poorly and not care a bit about what you shovel in your mouth? Then you start tracking and you watch everything you eat and if you have a bad couple of hours, you are ready to throw in the towel? So bizarre.
So this week has been odd. I ate good six out of seven days. I only worked out 3 times but instead of focusing on the good that I have done....I am focusing on the bad of my one afternoon. Why? It seems so silly.
So yesterday I went and ran errands with my daughter. I went out to donate more books to the library. I brought magazines to the local recycling center at school. I went to target to buy a couple of thing that my daughter needed for school. I felt really good about all the positives that I had accomplished. Then.... I went out to lunch. I knew what i was getting when i got there. A chicken avocado salad. It is served on a taco shell, but I only usually have a bite of it. I did not eat breakfast. mistake one. Warm tortilla chips came out. Yum with fresh salsa. I ate them. Yum. Then Fried chicken wings. I never never eat those, but the skin was so crunchy... I ate two little drumsticks. Then my salad came out. Dang, they gave me a chic ceaser salad. Yuck. They made me a new one. I feel like such a pig for eating those wings and chips.... Next I went to a 55th birthday party. 2 glasses of wine, a hotdog and cup of mac salad. Feeling like such a piggie. I get home. A half a cup of potato sticks, 3 oreo cookies, 2 chocolate covered strawberries. Off to bed. I am out of control. I did this two days before a weigh in. WTH Talk about self destruction. I am imagining that i had thousands of calories. 2955 because I tracked it!
Wait a minute. I tracked it? Yes. Now I have forgiven myself for eaten poorly and when I woke up this morning do you know what it was? A new day. Today I went out for lunch and had a spinach pecan salad. I am right back to eating healthy and I am hoping that tomorrow I will still see a weight loss on the scale, but I am doing this! One day at a time.
I am not proud of my piggy escapade but I am proud that today was a new day and that I tracked everything I did yesterday. I could have easily have imagined that it was a 6000 calorie day and it was half of that!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
  • JLITT62
    We ALL have bad eating days, no matter where we are in our journeys. But you did the right thing: tracked it, forgave yourself & got right back to your healthy habits; that will make you a winner.
    3121 days ago
    That is part of the journey & you did track it & you see what you did. And it is behind you. Shut that door. Think if you did that everyday? Which we probably all were at one point. Good job on moving ahead & not letting it turn into a tumbleweed affect!
    3121 days ago
    all have bad days forget it and move on! emoticon
    3121 days ago
    You're doing fine. We all have bad days, and you know the trick. Move on and get back on track. And don't beat yourself up about it, it happens. I'm pulling for you, and am proud of you and your attitude.
    3122 days ago
    Glad to see you are back on track and not beating yourself up about it. I believe, many moons ago, on your page I read about eating right 80% of the time and the other 20% gives you some wiggle room. emoticon
    3122 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.