Spooky Spiders - Week 4 Blog - 5 things I like about ME
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
My Aspire to Inspire BSG challenge this week is to write a blog about five things I like about me. Wow is this ever a challenging topic. I think most of us tend to think more about the things we dislike about ourselves.
But, here goes my list of things I LIKE about ME:
1. Compassionate. The definition of compassion is “a deep awareness of and sympathy for another's suffering”. While I am not sure I have always been compassionate, after my son died in an accident while skiing just before he turned 16, I truly learned what it meant to be compassionate and I find that I truly care about the trials and struggles that others find themselves going through.
2. Easy to Get Along With. I am easy to get along with. I really dislike conflict so I go out of my way to avoid it at all costs. As a result I feel that I am easy to get along with and get along with most people. Several years ago I worked weekends caring for seniors and disabled persons. One job I took was for a lady who had MS and who I was told was very hard to get along with. Well, she and I got along quite well
3. Smile/Happy Attitude. I like my smile. My husband is always telling me what a great smile I have and most people I know classify me as having a happy attitude
4. Motivator. I always try to find something nice to say to someone, especially someone who is struggling. I have really found how much I like the BSG challenge interaction part of the challenge. I find that when I am searching for motivation for others that I am also motivating myself so it is a win-win situation.
5. Determined. I am determined. I am one of those people who don’t give up easily. You know, if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. I am one of those Progress not Perfection people. I slip and slide and take detours on occasion but I do not tend to give up.