100,000-149,999 SparkPoints 118,265

Well, that sucked!

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Well, looks like the couple of good days I just had were the eye of the storm, because last night I had a really bad turn with my diverticular disease. Excrutiating pain, and felt so sick! It took two hours to ease off, which is the longest an attack has lasted so far.

Then I tossed and turned all night, unable to sleep properly. The after-effects of the beast, I guess. The stress caused by the attack also affected my costo, leaving a residual ache around my stomach , chest and back, making sleep and getting comfortable a bit tricky.

The silver lining in this latest pain cloud, however, is that I think I know what caused the attack. Things had eased off painwise in recent weeks as I had cut out larger meal portions and was eating smaller amounts at each meal, and was relying on snacks in between to keep my system happy. I had also cut out any foods that may have been causing problems. Subconsciously, however, as the weeks passed with no issues to speak of, I had been gradually increasing my food meal portions. When I had the couple of days of mild pains earlier in the week, I put it down to a food I had reintroduced, and then last night I had good old fashioned fish, chips, carrot and petit pois. It was a bigger plate of chips than I'd been eating recently, and it took me over the edge.

It wasn't a chip shop size portion. I had a Young's Basa fillet in batter (just over 100g fish fillet), and 200g of my homemade chips, plus 100g each of carrot and peas. This gives you some idea of how small I need to make my portions if I'm not going to get caught out again.

If I do ever go to a chippy for some haddock, it will have to be JUST the haddock! No chips! Not that I'd mind that. The haddock in batter has always been the draw to a chippy for me.

So, today I have a body that feels like it has gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson. And it has to work today! So no exercise as such, just plenty of housework. And plenty of water and small nibbles rather than big meals. I can get away with my 30g porage oats, and 250ml milk breakfast with an apple on top, but after that I need to defrost what I planned to eat for my evening meal, and have half of it for lunch and the rest in the evening, rather than all of it in one go. And keep my fingers and toes crossed that I don't get several attacks over the next few days - the usual routine when it gets this bad. I have Rob and Bry arriving on Thursday for a long weekend, and I want to enjoy it! Specially as it is the nearest I'll get to celebrating my birthday with family this year (birthday is 3rd Nov)!

Oooh, did 35 mins cardio and 10 mins Lower Body ST yesterday.

Wish me luck! :-)
Lex xxx
emoticon emoticon emoticon

Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post