Start Next Week Out Right - On The Weekend
Friday, October 05, 2012
If you're like many (including myself!), you kind of forget about your fitness plan during the weekend. You think you can let it all go on the weekend and start that diet or exercise program over again on Monday. Or maybe your feel you deserve to live it up a little, right? But this weekend, I'm asking you to think about next week already this weekend. Go into the weekend with long term goals, not short term pleasures, in mind. Stay on track this weekend, so you don't feel like you're starting over on Monday.
A few reminders to help out:
1. If you're following a workout plan, don't skip a day. Stay on track.
2. Drink your water. It will help fill you up so you aren't so tempted to over eat and cleanse your body at the same time.
3. If you're not following a scheduled workout plan, just grab a dvd and throw it in. No time like the present to get started - you don't have to wait until Monday as a start day! You don't even have to start with "disc number 1". Grab whatever sounds like fun to you and just do it!
4. If you go out on the weekend, be mindful of the calories in both the food you eat and the drinks you drink. Limit the amount or choose lower calorie drinks. Yes, even the alcoholic calories count! LOL
5. Grab a friend this weekend and do something "exercise" related with them. It could be a walk, a bike ride, a dvd in your living room, whatever. The buddy system helps keep you BOTH on track (and is a lot more fun than doing by yourself sometimes).
Follow these few guidelines this weekend and you'll be well on your way to a
in the win column for next week!