Wednesday, October 03, 2012
I'm calling this month "Rocktober" because I am going to rock it! It's the last month of my Fitness Challenge, so we retake all the tests from Aug. 1 at the end of the month. I have always been somewhat of a procrastinator, so it's no surprise that I get really excited for short term goals. My main objective this month is to get every possible point for the challenge (except for a workout yesterday, I was in airports/on planes all day). I'll try to do a vacation wrap up later this week to compare how I've done on my various trips over the last two months.
Points for the challenge break down like this:
1. Monthly goal is 2800 sit ups
2. 31 days of nutrition tracking
3. 31 days of stretching
4. 5 work outs a week (side goal of varying more cardio AND strength)
5. Interact with challenge members 3x day (this will be the hardest because I don't know many of them, will try my best!)
6. Blog once a week
7. Make one workout a week a long outdoor one
8. 31 days of tracking sleep and stress
9. One competition (I need to get on finding one, probably a race)
10. Attend a challenge event (signed up for one Saturday)
(there is a monthly sports league option for points, but that's totally not my thing so I'm not going to worry about it)
My big "end goal" is to blow my August fit test goals out of the water. One can hope! So far, I've done everything I can (but you know, it's only the 2nd)
I'm trying to focus on planning wisely as the key to acheiving these goals. Figure out what I'm going to be taking for lunches, plan dinner ahead of time, set aside a workout time and set aside time to update everything on the computer everyday. No excuses! Plus, with all this planning, I should know ahead of time which days need to be my rest days (for example, I am going straight from work to a friend's birthday on Friday, so I can't expect to work out that day). Wish me luck! And because of the blog component, you'll be hearing a lot more from me!