I confess, I'm bad about doing the countdown assignments for the 5% challenges. I'm already behind; I just saw assignment #3 posted and I haven't done #1 or #2 yet. Eek!
This week get ready for the 5% Challenge.
- Since I did not stop my routine of eating within calorie ranges and being active, there's not a whole lot to do in this regard!
Next plan on what you will do for exercise.
- I am running (3-5X a week), participating in strength training classes (2X a week), and will be starting to do TRX (1X a week) for 12 weeks beginning tonight. I may add in occasional DVDs and/or Wii Fit, but this should be good for now.
Decide on what diet you will stick to.
- I do not follow a diet plan but rather aim to stay within my calorie range and eat healthy foods. No foods are off limits, but I do limit what, how much, and when I eat some things. I plan to continue this throughout the challenge and for the rest of my life!
Time to update your Spark Page.
- Since I updated my Spark Page fairly recently, I may not make too many changes there.
Today's assignment is to list all the reasons you want to lose weight. What do you want to change? How do you want to look? How do you want to feel? What things will you be able to do in the future with a slimmer healthier body? And list all the OTHER things that you want to change!
- I am actually more in "maintenance" mode than weight loss mode now. My weight no longer limits me in any way or negatively affects my health--I'm the healthiest and fittest I have been in many years, maybe ever! I'd still like to lose 5-10 pounds more to put me firmly into the healthy BMI range, but that won't affect much how I look or feel physically.
I'm participating in the Fall 5% Challenge more to encourage and support my friends than to lose weight--past challenges have helped me, I hope it helps everyone who joins in.