About 2 years ago at one of my lowest weights!!!
Ok I wanted to show the difference in the 2 points of view. I can't believe I have let my self get to this point again. But I'm not sure it is all lacking will power or desire. Part of my problems and some of you know is physical. My body has been fighting me every step of the way this last year. And I almost let it win. I almost gave up! Yep almost....but I didn't. I lost site of my journey...to be healthy! To not be in a wheelchair or walker when I have grandchildren. In January 2010 when I started this epic journey that was my focus. I wanted health. I lost weight pretty quickly at that point and got to the 130's in a matter of months. Kept at it wanting to be at my original goal of 125 but somehow never quite got there. Got close and was healthy I think. I mean I walked the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in 2011. I would have never been able to do that before. But not sure what happened after that. The summer of 2011 I was still able to work out some. But noticed more and more how tired I really was. How much harder it was to work out 2 days in a row with out a break. I'm not sure if it was thyroid, adrenals, hormones or something else honestly. I have been experimenting with different things this year to get back to feeling good again. Even thyroid medication has made me feel 10 times worse then I originally felt. In January seems over night I gained 10 pounds. Still eating pretty well at that point. But after 8 months of not seeing any progress and feeling crappy what did I do??? I gave in. I gave in to the hamburgers, the smothered pork chops, the ranch dressing, the fat!!! NOT good!!! Surprise I gained another 10 pounds in August. what did I expect??? I can rationalize it and say that some of it water retention because one of the new medications I am on causes that...and well that might be the case somewhat....but not totally. It was my fault! I let it get that bad again. I think I have woken up!!!
Welcome BLC 20!!! Yea!! I am so excited to get this party started!!! What have I done even in the last week to help my journey??
1. started tracking everything
2. eating healthy
3. say no to fat/cheese/ranch
4. started drinking wolfberry juice...yep I will try anything to see if it helps...and it seems to be....yea!!
5. took myself off of my thyroid medication again. Will talk to the dr. but for some reason my body does not like this stuff at all. Might be I have been with out it for 30 years and my body doesn't know what it is an is rejecting it...but I'm not sure I can go through the process to find out.
6. And I walked and did a little strength training!! Not a huge amount, but it is a start!!!
What I am going to do for this challenge to meet my goals:
Well a little bit of the above.
1. I joined the streak challenge to force myself to do at least 20 minutes of something 5 days a week!! I want to meet this challenge so bad!!
2. Track my food and stay with in the calorie range. Being honest and not guesstimating. Making healthy choices for the 12 weeks.
3. see my dr. about the water retention and the thyroid stuff to figure out a plan
4. participate in ALL BLC challenges to help myself and my team along the way!!!
5. Going to blog about my progress this round! Not just put up some goals and ignore them.
I'm not expecting to see great number changes on the scale honestly. I just want to start feeling a little better and amongst the living again. It seems easy to say less calories in and a little exercise will get you where you want to go...but there are some that this just doesn't quite cut it. But it has to help with the healthy thing right??? I have to realize if I don't get back to 130 or so it might be ok....but I have to be healthy. (although I am NOT buying new clothes so something has to be done about this!!)
That's basically my story!! Thanks for taking the time to read it!! Thank you for being my spark friends and supporting me!!! It's great knowing you all are here!!!