Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Too often, I measure success in terms of weight loss, or inches lost, or fitting into my "skinny" clothes. I realized today that I have had a lot of success within the past two months. Not in weight-loss terms, but in other ways:
1) Realized today that I have kicked a 1-3 soda a day habit that began back in the '90s.
2) I've pretty much stopped the habit of snacking after dinner.
3) I drink about 2 bottles of water daily (when I used to just drink soda)
4) It's been 3 weeks since my last cheese binge
5) I'm exercising daily
6) I'm eating more fruit and trying to reach for a fruit snack instead of cookies or chips
This is success for me. I'm kicking bad habits and acquiring new ones in order to be healthy. And as I list all of my accomplishments, I feel really good about myself! Despite the fact that the pounds aren't melting away as quickly as a like, I feel great about myself and what I've accomplished so far.