Friday, August 31, 2012
Its been way past my 21 days and I am still doing my Vegan cleanse. So many things have been happening that I thought I'd share them.
1. Exercise, Anyone who knows me knows I considered exercise a 4 letter word! I am now waking up earlier looking forward to exercising on the Wii and also find myself taking walks during work breaks. Breaking up exercise into 10 min chunks has done so much for me.
I did an extra 10 min today because I felt energized.
2. Energy. Someone must have plugged me in because I now have energy to want to do things. Trying yoga poses just to do them. Playing fetch with the cats. Dancing to my fav CDs.
This is fantastic!
3. Sleep. I was a good sleeper before but I don't think I was sleeping as deeply as I could have. Hal had to really shake me to wake me up yesterday. Usually a light tap on the shoulder will do so he can give me a kiss before leaving for work.
4. Food. I don't crave sugar. I would rather have a peach than chocolate. I have even chosen fruit over my home made pistachio soy ice cream as good as that is. And I feel like tracking my food. This is something I swore I'd never do again. I want to do it now. And I eat really really well. I am getting plenty of good varied foods.
5. Attitude. I love my body. I love every curve. And love the changes I am making to care for my amazing body. I knew something was different after week 1 of my cleanse and the scale showed I gained 0.2 lbs. Before I would have given up, but I felt lighter and more energetic and I celebrated the NSV's. The very next day, I was down 0.7 lbs. I am so glad I didn't give up. Sometimes your body is adjusting. Just give it some time and keep working your plan and the rest will follow. Since starting my cleanse I am down 5 lbs and am 7.5 lbs from my first goal.