Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Do you ever have "light bulb moments" after reading an article in SP?
This one jumped out at me and was a powerful statement....
YOU WILL NOT DO YOUR BEST TO IMPROVE YOURSELF....UNLESS YOU FEEL SELF-WORTH AND HAVE RESPECT FOR YOURSELF!!!
Since I was young - I journaled my thoughts. But I am certain that I never put any focus on listing my positive traits or accomplishments.
So, Monday I decided to try and list FIVE accomplishments that I had made during the day.
My paper looked like this.....
It was still empty when I went to sleep that night.
I thought about my empty page all day long. And thinking that much of my self-esteem issues go back to childhood problems. Problems I'm trying to close and put away...but maybe I need to face them head on in order to gain some self-worth.
So, now I am trying something new....
* To give myself pep-talks through the day.
* To remind myself why people like me.
* Rethink accomplishments often
And last night, I was once again faced with a blank page in my journal.....
1. When the pain became unbearable, I went into the bedroom to elevate my legs. Learning to listen to my body is a good thing.
2. Playing with a crochet project, while elevating - didn't like how the current project looked, ripped the whole thing out and restarted. Learned what I did wrong and more satisfied with this (fourth) attempt!
3. Went through an emotional day and did NOT turn to food.
4. Was upset with someone, called them and had a loooooong conversation. Poured out all my thoughts (good and bad) and we both felt better for making the effort.
While #5 was still empty....I will continue to do this each night.
Sometimes the list will contain simple entries like - I ate a healthy breakfast, I pushed myself to accomplish XX more minutes of exercise, I involved myself in less stress and more fun, I allowed myself a relaxing vacation, I got a good nights rest......
Part of that self-talk.......is reminding myself (daily) that I AM worth this healthy journey!!!!