Monday, August 13, 2012
Three weeks back into a healthy diet and two weeks into a high-gear revamped exercise program I must start focusing on non-scale victories. Not only because I gained three kilos (7 pounds!!!) the first week, of which I have now re-lost two kg, but also because I know (yes, I know) from past experiences that I never lose weight until at least a month after starting a new exercise regime. However, there are other ways to chart progress:
1. I have worked out every single day of August except Saturday the 4th. Go Consistency!
2. PR distance record of 8.25km and it was a breeze.
3. PR speed record for 1.6km (1 mi) of 10km/hr
4. Visibly trimmer arms and legs (tho still no cm/inches dropped)
5. Workout clothes in the laundry in EVERY SINGLE LOAD
6. Lots of fun new recipes with great, healthy ingredients
7. Cookies, candy and fattening snacks have been BANISHED from my house.
8. DH and I have only eaten out twice in the last three weeks, well within budget and choosing healthy alternatives (grilled fish, salad and veggies).
9. I have had a grand total of two beers and two glasses of wine in three weeks.
10. My skin is clear and my fingernails are growing fast and really, really strong (always signs of great nutrition for me.)
Next Monday I hope to have seen the scale/measurements budge a little, because I will have finished week four of my 5k training plan and four weeks of clean eating, as well as three weeks of 11-12 workout sessions per week. (yes, I am doubling up with am and pm sessions while I still can before the school year starts.)
Now it is time to do my morning chores and get some work done on my thesis before heading to the gym at 1pm.