Totals for today -
Miles - 13.32
Push ups - 100
Squats - 300
July totals -
Miles - 52.17
Push ups - 1,050
Squats - 1,547
Workout 1 - Morning Fasting Cardio on tread - 20 mins - alternating 3,6,9 and 12% inclines @7.0 kph while holding 5 lb DB's and doing shoulder presses, front raise, punches etc...anything to get my HR up and increase my burn
Workout 2 - Full body ST after breakfast. Another short session but such a great BURN!
37:14 mins -
1. Alternating bicep curls using 30 lb DB's - 1 set of 16 reps and a second set of 10 reps - totally burned out...felt great!
2. Squat press using 20 lb DB's - 50 reps
3. Plank rows using 5 lb DB's - 50 reps
4. Plank lateral raise using 5 lb DB's - 50 reps....this was the hardest for me. Killer. Hold a high plank with 5 lb DB's and instead of a row you lift your arm out for lateral raise and alternate each arm with still in a high plank - MUST do these over and over......I really loved it.
5. Medicine ball standing crunch with leg raise, twist and pulldown using a 12 lb MB - 50 reps each side.
6. Romanian deadlift to a standing two arm bicep curl using 20 lb DB's - 25 reps for each leg
7. Standard military pushups - 50 reps
8. Medicine ball pushups - 50 reps
9. Jump Squats with overhead raise - 100 reps
10. Two arm bicep curls with sumo squats using 20 lb DB's - 50 reps
11. Kettle bell swings with sumo squat - 50 reps with a 25 lb KB
12. MB chops with 12 lb MB - 50 reps
Workout 3 - Post ST walk on the trails with my little girl in the BOB. Strong walk, nothing fast just a good calorie burn while enjoying the sunny day
1:40 mins - 6.44 miles with hills
Workout 4 - After dinner walk around the lake while my husband got in some miles on the bike - 1:27 mins. 5.52 miles
Nutrition for the day....
M1 - Oats with fresh berries and egg whites
M2 - Whey shake with berries and 1/2 banana
M3 - Spinach salad with 1/2 can of tuna, cottage cheese and egg whites with balsamic vinegar with my VM Green and Earth mix. One GF rice cake with natural PB
M4 - Ground chicken with spinach, eggplant, zucchini with pasta sauce along with a protein shake
M5 - GF rice cake with natural PB
This weekend I really hit the weights hard and I have to say I LOVED IT!! Here are my results from Saturday........
ST workout 1 - 25 mins
Squat press using one 30 lb DB - 200 reps!! My highest ever with a 30 lb DB...amazing cardio effect with this! I was so tired.
Standard military push ups - 200 reps
Medicine ball chops with sumo squat - 200 reps holding a 12 lb MB
I was drenched in sweat, and it is not even hot here in Norway :) It really was a tremendous workout just short of 25 mins
ST workout 2 - 30 mins
Two arm bicep curls with sumo squats using 20 lb DB's - 100 reps. My highest ever using 20's in each hand and curling both arms together.
Diamond push ups ( no knees) - 100 reps
Medicine ball standing crunch with leg raise and twist - 100 reps for each side holding a 12 lb MB
TRX wide rows - 70 reps...aiming for 100 but I burned out so I switch to a low row for the remaining 30 reps - 100 TRX reps total
One arm DB bent over rows - 3 x 15 reps for each side using one 30 lb DB
I finished this ST set with a good 20 min walk on the tread holding 5 lb DB's and doing shoulder presses, front raises etc....throughout the walk. Total distance 2.2 km