Countdown to Challenge 3 - Why?
Monday, June 11, 2012
I copied this from my first blog..
Why I need to lose weight:
1. to be a better mum - I don't want my baby girl to know this me - me with no self-esteem whatsoever. I need to lose some weight to feel good about myself so that she can get to know the positive me, the way I can be. I also want to have more energy to keep up with her.
2. to be a better wife - When I met my husband, I wasn't overweight. During these last 9 years, I gained 66 pounds. He has never had a problem with my weight, but the weight influences my self-esteem and our relationship, and that's why I need to lose weight, so that I can feel good about myself and accept the fact that he loves me the way I am.
3. for self-esteem - It is very hard to think good about myself when I weigh this much. It influences everything else I do. I don't feel comfortable teaching, because I feel like everyone is staring at my belly. I can't walk with a head high and feel positive, I can't relax, I don't enjoy meeting people, just because of my weight.
4. for my health - This should probably be the first reason, but they are all important to me. I'm 26 years old but I feel like at least 10 years older because of this extra weight. I need to work hard to improve my health, reduce fat in my blood and liver and be fit.
5. to feel NORMAL - I can't stress this enough. I desperately want to feel like a normal woman. All my friends are skinny, I'm surrounded by healthy, good-looking women and I definitely don't fit in.
I have a vision of myself which I want to realize. It's nothing drastic, nothing completely different from now, but better. A happier, thinner, more positive, more outgoing, more relaxed, more energetic woman who can appreciate herself and doesn't allow others to influence her self-image.