Week One Done!
Monday, June 04, 2012
Since last spring I fell off the proverbial wagon, baking for 2 weddings, 1 graduation party (nothing is done small in my family), baking 70 nut rolls and christmas baking , then the birthdays (I make all the cakes in our family) and easter . While I know there should be more accountability, the long and short of it I was my crashing and burning in my weigh loss efforts.
That being said, Week 1 is done. I am not saying I was a failure before, just that I have gone down the slippery slope of self- indulgent behavior and after wiping the mud from my eyes I am climbing up the hill of self-control.
- I have a week of accountability under my belt.
- A whole week of tracking, of putting every little morsel to paper.
- An entire week of resisting late night temptation.
- An entire week of portion control.
Have I lost weight? I don't know, I refuse to look at the instrument that triggers my self-sabotaging tendencies. I go to the doctor for my diabetic exam in 2 months, I will find out then.
- not stepping on the scale is hard.
- not eating what I crave is hard.
- tracking everything I consume is hard.
- finding time to prepare is hard
- exercise is hard.
- not watching TV is hard. (I made hubby disconnect it for the summer which makes it just a bit easier)
- not being able to walk without being exhausted... is harder.
- not being able to walk without my knees hurting... is harder.
- not being able to go from a sitting position on the ground without having to do the "crawl" to stand up... is harder
- not being able ... is harder
I think I will work on "hard" for now.