Things I've Changed
Monday, May 14, 2012
What I really want is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Here is a list of things I've changed about how I eat.
1) Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
2) Switch non-water beverages from Coca-Cola to unsweetened iced tea, hot unsweetened tea, and my only sweetened drink of the day, my morning coffee.
3) Eat yogurt.
4) Switch to low fat cheese and eat smaller portions of cheese.
5) Switch out half of the ricotta in my lasagna to nonfat cottage cheese, which actually makes it TASTIER.
6) I've stopped eating potato chips. Not because I am restricting myself, but because I'm trying to make healthier choices. I find I don't even want them anymore. I will eat a small portion of pretzels or some natural popcorn instead.
7) Instead of getting a bagel or a breakfast sandwich at Dunkin Donuts with a sweet iced coffee, I'll drink my coffee with agave nectar and almond milk and make my own breakfast sandwich with low fat cheese, egg beaters and a whole grain english muffin.
8) Instead of candy, I'm eating more fruits and vegetables.
9) I've experimented with new foods. Kale chips!
10) Tracking my nutrition!