A survey about childhood
Wednesday, May 02, 2012
1. My parents told me…lots of things but one that sticks with me is not to take life too seriously. There was a lot of laughter in my house (still is).
2. I wanted to grow up to be a…marine biologist or work at a magazine in NY. I ended up doing the latter. :)
3. I refused to eat…tomatoes, peas or cooked carrots. These are still foods I avoid.
4. My favorite thing to do outside was…swim or make up games with my brother.
5. I broke my…heart a lot. I was always falling in love with the wrong boys.
6. I liked to wear…terrible outfits that make me laugh when I see pictures of them now. Growing up in the 80s was an interesting time.
7. My parents always…expected the best of me and my siblings. I tried really hard not to let them down.
8. I thought that Santa was…real until I noticed that the note he left behind was in my dad's handwriting.
9. My favorite cartoon was...Duck Tales. Woo hoo!
10. I was the…counselor. I was/am the one my friends went to when they had a problem.
11. I got in trouble when…very rarely. I was a good kid.
12. My bedroom was…messy, messy, messy. I always had clothes everywhere.
13. My favorite food was…Hot Pockets. So nutritious!
14. My parents always made me…do the dishes and my own laundry. I started doing chores at a young age.
15. My first crush was…Devin Peterson (in real life) and Kirk Cameron.
16. My favorite toy was…Cabbage Patch Kids. My future children are going to have one whether they like it or not!
17. I thought school was…the best! I was such a nerd.
18. My biggest fear was…nothing that I can recall. I've always been pretty fearless.
19. My favorite story was…the Babysitter Club series. I read a million of those books growing up. My favorite story when I was really little was Go Dog Go! It's still one of my faves and something I know I'll read to my own children.
20. My favorite memories…I have so many. I had a really great childhood. My family is the best. One of my favorite memories is just all the fun times we had playing outside as a family and laughing a lot.