Summer Party Re-Start Goal
Saturday, April 21, 2012
I did not-so-bad getting through the winter and keeping my weight down...but then I had a bit of an emotional disturbance this spring and I let some of my bad habits creep back in. Yes, I still have a habit of using food to smother emotions.
I'm going to focus on ME BEING HEALTHY! I have two two-month goal dates coming up -- One is a family wedding event on June 22, and the other is my dance/music camp on August 10.
My goal is to lose 13 pounds by June 22, which is very do-able.
I also want to increase my stamina, strength, and flexibility -- and to it in a way so that I stay healthy along the way (i.e., don't incur any injuries to my back or any other part of me).
Here's my food plan:
* Track food. Stay under calorie limit.
* Eat a rainbow every day (5 to 9 fruits and veggies per day). Eat primarily whole food.
* Drink at least a half-gallon of water or herb tea every day.
* Zero sugar.
Here's my exercise plan:
* Find a weekly group activity I can do at least until summer classes start June.
* 2 sun salutes every day.
* 16 overhead raises w/ 10 lb weights (that's my starting max ability) every other day.
* 24 bicep curls w/ 10 lb weights (that's my starting max) every other day.
* At least 15 minutes of "increased heart rate" walking every day.
* Two forms of core belly exercise (to be determined by back toleration) every other day.
Here's my social plan:
* Connect with my buddies on Spark and give and/or receive support and encouragement every day.
*Connect with my "on-the-ground" friends who are doing WW with same at least once per week.
Here's my emotional life plan:
* Journal or blog at least once per week. Use the journal to offer self-affirmations at least once, and two make observations of "what is" at least once.
* Look for the tender heart in myself and others and avoid self- and other-criticism.
*Post at least three affirmations in my living space and one in my car.
* Clean up my living space and maintain clean space in order to maintain positive state of mind.
* Meditate for at least 15 minutes every night.
* Go to bed by 11 and get up by 7 every day.
* Reduce Facebook usage to once per day. Check email only 3x/day.
Phew...That's enough to start with right there!
Yours in health!