I've been battling furiously against my tendency to become depressed and discouraged this past two weeks. I've been using all the "tools in my tool kit" to remain optimistic, grateful, loving, and productive.
Today is Sunday, a day of renewal. I have nothing I'm required to do today if I don't feel like it. Choices. I used to be frozen by choices. Now I relish them.
So, I have just taken an account of the things I have done, already today, to improve my outlook and increase my contentment.
We all know what they are......We're Sparkers!!!
It is 11:00 a.m. and I:
1. Had a good night's sleep. (rest)
2. Watched a DVR episode of Ellen (laughter)
3. Had four glasses of water instead of coffee (hydration)
4. Planned for fun with my horse and my husband (stay active)
5. Sparked (connected with positive friends)
6. Ran 3 miles (cardio/breathing)
7. Ran Outside (fresh air and sunshine)
8. Ate oatmeal, almonds, and raisins (good nutrition)
9. Asked my husband what He wanted to do today. (Out of Self!)
10. Listened to my favorite music on my run. (Music uplifts)
All of these actions today are incompatible with brooding, sulking, and self pity. These are positive and effective replacement behaviors proven to work. Well.......... they worked on me today.
Woo Hoo. I'm a 10 today.
As always, THANK YOU Sparkpeople for the daily inspiration, education, cooperation, consultation, admiration, and validation.
You are all Rock Stars!
(wow, I am in a Sparked Mood!)