The last two weeks have flown by. I have not been getting onto the site until late every night. Nothing really going on but life. Yesterday was my last day of the VITA project I have been volunteering with, so my Saturday's are my own again
We got done early yesterday, so after I got home I went out for a walk. I told my hubby that I was going to attempt some intervals, so for him to stay close to the phone in case I needed him to come rescue me from myself. I have attempted intervals twice before yesterday since my July injury and both attempts were painful to say the least. My ortho doctor encouraged me to keep trying them though. Yesterday felt
I did an 8 minute start, then did 30 second runs between one minute walks. I got 7 runs in before I had any discomfort in the knee
My goal is to do one day of interval training per week for now. I just don't want to cause that knee any undue stress. I know one day isn't a stretch, but it makes me feel like I haven't given up completely on running a race instead of just walking it. I also had my fastest mile yesterday in a year!!! Can I get a
1) Average 10 glasses of water daily
2) 5 cardio sessions per week (split between Curves and walking)
3) Walk 12 miles per week
4) Average 10,000 steps daily
5) Track all food daily and stay within calorie range
6) Get at least 60 grams of protein daily
7) Strength Training 2x per week
1) Water: 70 week 13
69 week 14 (9.85 per day)
2) Cardio: 6 week 13; 8 week 14
3) 12 miles: 7.41 cardio miles week 13/35.52 total
13.1 cardio miles week 14/39.9 total
4) 10,000 steps: 70,390 week 13 and 75,620 week 14
5) Track and range: yes and yes both weeks
6) Protein: 6/7 week 13 490g for the week average 70 per day
5/7 week 14 444g for the week average 63.4 per day
7) Additional ST besides Curves: none and none
Adjusting goals and focus for this week:
1) Drinking water is getting easier and I have gotten no less than 8 glasses of pure water per day, some days as many as 12 in the past two weeks. I am still not off the diet soda completely though, so will continue to focus on this until I am.
2) Upping cardio sessions to at least 7 per week. That way I need to get in at least 3 walks per week, which helps with the 12 miles per week too.
3) Get my protein per day where it needs to be. I have sat down and planned out the meals, bought accordingly, and fixed 1/3 to 1/2 of what I planned. I am committing to following my plan closer. More cooking, less playing!
4) The dreaded strength training...what is there to say...just do it!
Wishing you all a success-filled week!