Take the nature challenge
Thursday, March 22, 2007
This has nothing to do with exercise, but I felt it was just as important ( to be honest more important). I just joined David Suzuki's Nature challenge and would recommend everyone to do so, because we only get one chance with the earth. Everyday I hear more and more dire news about this planet and global warning, so I have pledged to do my part to help be part of the solution. As part of the nature challenge I have pledged to do the following.
1. Reduce home energy by 10%
2. Eat meat-free meals once a week
3. Buy a fuel efficient, low-polluting car
4. Choose an energy efficient home and appliances
5. Stop using pesticides
6. Walk, bike or take transit to regular destinations
7. Prepare your meals with locally produced food
8. Choose a home close to regular destinations
9. Support alternatives to the car
10. Get involved, stay informed
I highly recommend going to www.davidsuzuki.org to see what you can do.