1. I want to wake up each day with DETERMINATION -- no matter WHAT is going on or how crazy stressed-out I am, I will take ten minutes each morning to meditate and refocus on my goals and why I want to reach them. Also, I will aim to go to sleep each night with SATISFACTION knowing that I have done well for increasing my fitness, establishing a healthier diet, and growing as a person.
2. I want to include at least one of each of the following:
+Speed Run (short, fast intervals)
+Distance Run (very slow, progressively longer, mostly walking)
+Couch to 5k Run (long, relatively-slow jogging intervals mixed with walking)
++at least TWO cross-training sessions of my choice
(that's 5 days of cardio, just so you know, brain. OK? ok. :) )
Of course I will still strength train, but this has become second nature to me now, so I am not setting goals for it.
3. I want to TRACK EVERYTHING or at least try my best with estimations and substitutions. I find that being busy with school tends to get me out of the habit of tracking and I just cannot let that happen. I will also continue pre-planning dinners, and I will start going to the farmers' markets each week when they open (SO EXCITED FOR THIS!).
4. I would love to get into the 350s, but I am not focusing on weight goals very much anymore (too many disappointments, and I refuse to feel like a failure because of what the scale says even though I work hard every day). SO, instead, I am saying I would like to fit into this one certain pair of jeans that I have (they are 26s, and although I technically COULD wear them now, I feel like I look a bit muffin-toppy in them so I'd like them to fit more comfortably before I wear them in public).
5. I want to shave at least 5 minutes off of my 5k... I also want to get to Couch to 5k Week 6 (currently in week 5). :)
That's all for now.. Go Limes!
(I put on my lime battle helmet...)