Doing my Best (?)
Monday, February 27, 2012
Well, Ladies, I am here for a check-in.
Last week I took an "Easy Week." 3 good runs, 3 other good workouts. That's all because the week before that I completed Ripped in 30. I really, really, REALLY enjoyed that program! A lot of fun and the rapid changes really kept me on my toes. I can see myself going for that DVD again.
Eating? Well, good and bad. I was RAVENOUS through the Ripped in 30. That has calmed down a little now, but I'm sure I'm still eating a little more than I need to be. BUT... I have been Gluten Free now for 52 days and am doing GREAT controlling cravings and learning how to bake GF. This is a biggie for me. I am thinking this is almost the longest I've ever gone and I am pretty proud that I am showing no signs of giving in! Last night I even had my in-laws over for a meal of Gluten Free ham and cheese waffles and some other breakfast-style stuff. It was wonderful! I got to cook for others again! :)
Stress-wise.... OI. I am off the Richter. Well, maybe I am exaggerating... but it is pretty darn high. Grad school semester 2 is in FULL SWING... and it is swinging so hard I feel like it's hit me upside the head!! Work is work. It's underpaid and underappreciated and sometimes I feel like I am the only one who actually DOES what the SAY they are going to do. I keep having the feeling I am holding up my end of a bunch of defunct bargains nobody else gives a rat's butt about... Nevertheless, continue to work my booty off, I will. I just keep reminding myself, it's not ME I really work for, anyway. Home is good, I love my family to pieces. But my HOUSE is SUCH A MESS!!! OWWWW!!!! I wanted to CRY this morning when I was digging for 2 matching socks for my sweetie. One good week of having too much to do and I lose it every flippin' time!
SO, today I am thinking about the week and what I want to accomplish in the next few days/month. Here are my goals (more to remind ME than anything...)
1. First thing each morning, log my meals for the day and stick to it!
2. Begin another 30 day exercise program - Thinking a mixture of a 6Pack Abs program and Extreme Shed&Shred.
3. Begin Hal Higdon's Marathon Training program this week.
4. Declutter 15 minutes daily and make sure I conquer Mount Washmore this week!
5. Block out 1 hour of work time daily for school work (Admissible b/c my schooling is directly related to my work.)
6. Spend at least 30 minutes daily with my Little Boy. He's kind of been squished to the side with all the other mess going on lately... :(
SO, there you go! A plan... Now let's see how well we stick to it. :)