I feel pretty positive overall about this past week. I didn't hit all my goals, but did hit some I have been struggling with. I finally exceeded 12 cardio miles this week! Before the knee issues, I was walking minimum 12 miles on a bad week, and 15 or more on a good week. I was also getting the walks in three days compared to 4 or 5 now, but I set the goal to walk 12 miles a week, and I did that. As the knee gets stronger I will increase mileage per day, and cut back to three days per week. I am content with the progress for now. I don't want to push distance and cause more injury. Slow and steady wins the race!
Although I did not meet my protein needs everyday (missed one day) my overall protein intake was so much better this past week. I actually got 80+ grams 3 days. That was a huge win. The one day I missed I ate horribly all day. Wasn't really hungry and when I did go for food it was junk. Pushing to meet the 60 gram of protein goal made me much more aware of my food choices. I also ate more greek yogurt than normal. Have to love double the protein!
I have a goal of 10 glasses of water per day. Not so much to drink 10 glasses of water, but to drink less diet soda. I averaged 8.14 glasses of water this past week, but I also drank much less soda. I am still aiming for more water, but pleased with soda consumption this week. With the cooler weather finally hitting So Cal I guess I am just not as thirsty.
1) Average 10 glasses of water daily
2) 5 cardio sessions per week (split between Curves and walking)
3) Walk 12 miles per week
4) Average 10,000 steps daily
5) Track all food daily and stay within calorie range
6) Get at least 60 grams of protein daily
7) Strength Training 2x per week
1) Drank 57 glasses of water, average 8.14 glasses per day (decrease from last week)
2) 7 cardio sessions. Walked 3 days, and hit Curves for at least 45 minutes 4 days
3) Walked 12.27 miles during my 3 cardio walks, and got in 35.02 total miles on my pedometer for all walking throughout the week. (increase of 2 miles cardio)
4) Walked 67,057 steps for an average of 9580 per day (decrease from last week)
5) Tracked everything on the Nutrition Tracker, within calorie range
6) Met protein requirements 6 of 7 days
7) None done
Focus for upcoming week:
1) Water intake rather than diet soda
2) 10,000 steps daily
3) Meal and snack planning - some go to meals that are quick and healthy