Week 4 in review Jan 22-28
Monday, January 30, 2012
There were some days this past week that I really wondered why I was still on Spark People every day. I wasn't even going through the motions of a healthy lifestyle. By mid-week, I had mostly regrouped and, by Friday I was feeling better about my choices. So for accountability sake I am posting it all, the good, bad, and just plain ugly.
I have committed to myself to start the next 5% challenge, and today I completed my first HIIT training session in 6 months! I am a little sore, but felt really good after the intervals. I only did five 30 second runs during my 30 minute walk, but I didn't feel horrible after, and didn't require ice on my knee. I thought that was an awesome sign! I feel like I am starting this week with the right mindset, and off to a good start exercise wise.
1) Average 10 glasses of water daily
2) 5 cardio sessions per week (split between Curves and walking)
3) Walk 12 miles per week
4) Average 10,000 steps daily (stretch goal for me was getting appr. 6,000)
5) Track all food daily and stay within calorie range
6) Get at least 60 grams of protein daily
7) Strength Training 2x per week
1) Drank 63 glasses of water, average 9 glasses per day (increase from last week)
2) 6 cardio sessions. Walked 2 days, and hit Curves for at least 45 minutes 4 days (February will raise this to 7 sessions IF I start my strength training by then)
3) Walked 7.49 miles during my 2 cardio walks, and got in 31.39 miles on my pedometer for all walking throughout the week. (decrease from last week of over 3 miles)
4) Walked 62218 steps for an average of 8888 per day (decrease per day from last week)
5) Tracked everything on the Nutrition Tracker, over calories one day
6) Missed meeting protein requirements 2 of 7 days
7) None done
Focus for upcoming week:
1) Water intake rather than diet soda
2) More steps not less
3) Strength training, it has to happen!