Getting the Most Out of Me
Friday, January 27, 2012
I've finally identified my priorities and the now work can begin in earnest.
1. Exercise and pray--at the top of the list right now. Aside from the obvious benefits, exercise and prayer are all that stand between me and a padded room at Happy Acres where I'll spend my days trying to convince everyone that I really am Eleanor Roosevelt--really!--and waiting for the Prozac snacks.
2. Make money--a necessary component of our economic reality. It's also important for 3, 4 and 5.
3. Spend time with family and friends. Tomorrow is not promised and putting this off until I have more time is a foolish plan.
4. Keep writing. Because I can't NOT write and it gives me my individual identity. I am a novelist.
5. Donate money, if not time. Because I CAN make a contribution to the world, no matter how small.
6. Play in the dirt. Gardening keeps me grounded (pun intended).
7. Keep my house clean. Three consecutive hours once a month and 30 minutes every day. This may not sound like a lot, but because it is last on my list of priorities, I simply choose not to give it more attention than it deserves. This should be enough time to keep me off of embarrassing reality TV shows and keep the Board of Health from padlocking the doors.
There you have it: How I will get the most out of me this year.