Fast food lessons
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Due to my extreme need of red meat during TOM, I typically venture to my local Wendy's to get the #2, . The Double Cheese Burger small combo produces 860 calories if you request no cheese or mayo.
1) The small fries are almost as much as the burger
2) I can drink water
3) Their buns are full of sugar, grease and God knows what else
Total meal Cal/fat/sodium: 860/32/650
Change 1 made:
1) Got the burger no cheese and no mayo
2) Substitute the bun with my Thin wheat bagel
3) Substitute the fries with .5 cup of broccoli and sweet potato
4) add Kale/Spinach as my Lettuce
Total meal Cal/fat/sodium: 678/32/810
1) Get a nice lean Roast and ask the butcher to ground it up 3oz 209/14/71
2) use the Kale/Spinach as the bun 1cup 36/1/30
3) Include a veggie and potato to complete the meal 102/1/48
Total meal Cal/fat/sodium: 347/16/149
This way I still get my Iron without all the calories and fat from red meat. I typically gain 4-8lbs monthly binge eating during this time as I can never satisfy that hunger.
This is a lifestyle change so I need solutions that will work in the long run.