Wednesday, January 18, 2012
So, my corn allergy is getting worse. I had pretty much stopped eating sweet corn after I found out I was allergic in August. Then in December in Kansas City, I HAD to eat my very favorite cheesy corn bake from Jack Stack BBQ...YUM!
I lost my voice & had a sore throat, but was otherwise fine. I used my inhaler & improved after an hour or so.
Yesterday, I had a Smart Ones frozen meal for lunch that happened to have a little bit of corn in it.
I lost my voice again, another sore throat. This time was worse than last time. My inhaler didn't seem to work, so I drank some hot tea. I got my voice back after 4-5 hours...
Do food allergies get bad that fast?? Or is this some sort of coincidence? Should I stop eating everything with corn in it??? That would be pretty much everything (high fructose corn syrup etc).
Could this all be in my head? I never had a problem eating corn before I found out I was allergic. (except getting really bad hives when shucking the corn).
How can a person live in IOWA & be allergic to CORN?