My goals for 2012, and what I accomplished in 2011
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
I'm not very good at setting goals, and even lousier at keeping them, LOL, but I thought I would give it a go! So here are my goals for 2012:
* Get to 136 pounds. That is the ultimate weight I would like to be at, but to be honest, I'm pretty sure I would settle for 156!
* Move out of the overweight BMI category, which for me is I think about 160 pounds.
* Have my blood levels get better (cholesterol, blood sugar, etc.)
* Continue to look at this as a life change and not a diet. This also means not going totally off plan during vacations.
What I am going to do to accomplish this:
* Do cardio four to six days a week for at least 45 minutes. Ideally, I would do an hour every day, but sometimes life gets in the way.
* Do strength training at least twice a week.
* Eat in range at least 5 days of the week. This leaves me a little wiggle room. This is by far the hardest part. To accomplish this, I need to find some go-to foods that are tasty and filling and low cal.
* Add more veggies to my diet. I do OK with fruit, it's the veggies I need to work on.
* Add more protein to my diet.
* Get plenty of rest -- at least 8 hours of sleep per night.
* Continue to be active on SP. This really helps!
What did I accomplish in 2011?
* I managed to lose 40-50 pounds (depending on where I count my start weight from).
* I went from a size 18 on average to a size 14 on average.
* I started an exercise habit that I have been pretty good about.
* I really cut down on my alcohol. I used to drink a six pack of light beer every night, for almost 20 years! But I have not had any beer since 2010 (over a year now!). I have replaced beer with red wine, but am limiting my red wine to one or two glasses once or twice a week.
* My self confidence increased! I went clothes shopping a few weeks ago and did not hate myself while trying things on! I was able to comfortably fit into clothes. It was nice! I wore a bathing suit this summer and even had my picture taken in it. I thought I looked pretty cute!
I'm sure there's more, but these are the key points.