C25K-Week 2, Day 1
Monday, January 09, 2012
I completed week 1 of the couch to 5k program!! I have never been able to complete even 1 day before! I'm so excited! After the first week, I am down a pound. Yesterday, I started week 2. It was tough and I almost gave up a few times, but I got through it. I felt very sick afterwards, but I did it. Here are the excuses I came up with yesterday during my run.
1. I can't run 1 1/2 minutes! 1 minute was hard enough.
2. I've reached the mile mark, I can stop now (this one seems to be a recurring excuse)
3. My asthma won't let me run this much (another recurring excuse)
4. I have a huge ache in my stomach that feels like my insides are being ripped out. Surely, this can't be good for me..I have to stop
5. The pain is now on both sides of my stomach--I'm going to seriously injure something if I don't stop.
Here are the reasons I was able to make it through:
1. 1 minute was hard, but it's gotten easier after doing it for 3 days. If I don't push myself, I won't get any better.
2. Why does the mile mark matter? I want to be able to keep moving way beyond the mile mark.
3. I was breathing just fine. No lung issues.
4. Ignore the pain and focus on my music (my music is a huge help! It allows me to leave my body and just think about what I'm listening to)
5. Keep ignoring the pain. I only have 2 more runs to go and then I can walk for 5 minutes. I've been in worse pain before and didn't die. Besides, the pain lessens as soon as I start walking and I'll be able to walk again after 1 1/2 minutes of running.
I come up with fewer reasons to stop each time I run now, and my responses to those "reasons" are coming faster so that I don't have time to truely think about stopping. I'm feeling stronger and happier. I'm excited to continue the C25K and find out where I am at the end of the 8 weeks! Week 2, here I come.