2011- year in prospective
Monday, January 02, 2012
Well another year has come and gone. While there may be those who may not see my success, I will take it where it is.
April 1,2011 lofty goals were set and the beginning was a volley of success. The weddings and graduations came and I baked for all of them. Holidays came and I baked for all of them. Set-backs occurred- I did not lose the amount of weight that I originally reached for but I DID lose weight (21 pounds since April).
April 1.......My blood sugars were going through the roof and exploded in my face. Wake-up call occurred. Lost weight and was on track to achieve goals.
May..........Activities galore. Son Nick graduated from Law School on 15th.. week before 21st I am baking. 700+ cookies, none of them drop cookies, for Nephews wedding, My son Nick married the love of his life, Layne on the 26th! I am so happy! I baked a mini-wedding cake for them (reception in August)
June......Nicks graduation party....I prepped all the food and made the -- cake --of course, for 50
July .....was fairly calm, but, had alot of car issues which took away from exercise routine (I know, no excuses)No A/c in car b/c car broke down on highway due to mouse using cabin air filter and firewall material for bedding. also baking cake and cookies for wedding reception.
August.........The reception. 3 tier cake, gluten-free cake, LOTS of cookies, cupcakes. All delivered 90 miles from home on the most humid & hot day of the year. Also had to borrow van from parents b/c my car was still no A/C.
Youngest son Bryce moved back home...
September.......more car troubles (like car dying in the middle of rush hour traffic in middle lane and toxic people cursing and swearing @ us while we tried to breath new life into car)
October....the usual.........still looking for work......anniversary 28 years
November.......MIL is admitted to hospital, then nursing home, then hospice. Spent much of time there and baking nut rolls for orders.
December.....MIL passed away on Dec. 3, nearly a month since she went to hospital. Annie we miss and love you so much.
I baked 64 nutrolls, 7 poppyseed rolls and oodles of cookies. Sold approx. 53 nutrolls. the rest were gifts and of course for christmas.
I maintained the prior weight loss until the week between christmas and new year. As of this morning I had gained back 8 of the 27 pounds I had originally lost this year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!-- A NEW YEAR, A NEW ME!!
1) I am...'restarting' at the beginnning. Today's weight is the "0" start point for me. time for me to stop resting on my previous weight loss laurels of 30 pounds overall. Even my background colors reflect purity and new beginnings untainted by past efforts, failures and successes. I am pushing the reset button and now must answer for "now"
2) I am... pushing up the intensity of my job search.
3) I am... revving up my workouts to every day
4) I am... ramping up my food journaling
5) I joined Official January Jumpstart Workout Challenge and completed day one work-out..(I am a day behind, just joined today, so I am beefing the challenge up a bit to catch up.) so off to the gym go I.
***please note... the words here, "I am --" NOT 'I will try..' or 'I will' ..BUT the more definitive,, I AM!!!
Have a successful New Year!!
by the way I am throwing out all the filled KISSES that are left.!!