Paying the 9 lb. ticket
Sunday, January 01, 2012
That's right..... I thought I could take the easy way and now I'm faced with the consequences of my actions. I have gained 9 lbs. since the middle of November. I could list my excuses here but what good what that do. Now I'm faced with the choice to either take that 9 lb. gain as failure and give up or I have the choice to look at the 9 lb. gain as a new challenge. I have still lost 70 lbs. since starting this journey and I will conquer the remaining weight I have to lose.
So what, you may ask, am I going to do to get make changes. I will tell you.
1. Monthly challenges related to fitness and healthy living. As in 2011 I will be challenging myself to meet goals. January's goal 1,000 fitness minutes. I'm less busy than I was last year there are no excuses!
2. Track my food. I will track everything I consume. No more cheating for the extra mint etc. I am no responsible for making the choice. "Do I want to log this" No excuses, I have the sparkpeople app, I have internet access and time!
3. Visual motivators: Pintrest has become an addiction of mine lately and while this could be good and bad I'm choosing for now to use it as a benefit. I have found many visual motivators that I will be posting in my bedroom as a reminder that I can do this. I'll post some of them here later so stay tuned!
4. Try new tricks. I have gotten into a rut so I need to try new classes, new recipes, new healthy foods. I crave diversity in my life, it's time to add diversity to my food and fitness.
5. Water: Drink at least 9 cups of water shoot for 12 every single day!
You don't rob a bank just because you got a speeding ticket, so why would I give up just because I gained 9 lbs. I'm paying my ticket, learning my lesson and making changes so as not to repeat the insanity.
Happy New Year!