I don’t know why but I can’t seem to get this weight loss thing rolling. I start out tracking and exercising the whole time enjoying the experience but then the weight does not drop and even though I know that if I stick it out enough it will start to happen, I give up nonetheless. In August and September I logged in more than 1000 fitness minutes each month and waited and yet the weight loss didn’t happen. I really now accept that for me it is mostly about the food and exercise will not make up for that.
Unfortunately, my giving up has brought me back to my all time high and I am now feeling the fallout from the abandonment of my goals. I want this, I really do so I need to figure it out and not stop until I do. Even if I wasn’t losing, I was at least holding and by abandoning my efforts I have now gained.
So here I am ready to start again and hoping to find the key to unlock my resistance at consistency. I am hoping to blog more as a tool to help release stressors that derail my efforts. In the meantime I know that I want to be at a lower weight, I am not very happy at this current weight and am scared for my health. I really want to live my life happy, joyous and free and this weight is symptom of me holding myself back.
On Saturday morning I walked a Turkey Trot and finished in about 50 minutes. As they were calling out the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Placements for each age group, I marveled at the youthfulness of the older runners. In particular, the woman who took first place in the over 70 category for women: 92 years young and didn’t look a day over 65. She ran it with her 68 year daughter. She is my inspiration folks!!!
My short terms goal right now is:
1. Eat more vegetables in every meal. After picking myself up again and reading my food diary, I realize too many sweets and not enough vegetables. Now, I want to have steamed green vegetables with at least 2 meals a day and some fruit;
2. Start a 10 minute cardio streak to do at home and walk 2 5ks for exercise on the weekends;
3. Track my food every day;
4. Prepare more healthy meals on the weekend to have during the week so therefore no excuses;
5. Update my status when I am doing well and when I am not with the tempting food in my office;
6. Learn how to blog my feelings so I can uncover why I am not able to stay focused on a healthier living style.
Thank you all for always being here. I am looking forward to all of us moving forward in our journey.