Less than 50 days away
Saturday, November 05, 2011
how to begin this whirlwind of a blog. My mind is all over the place with excitement and frustration.
My wedding is less than 50 days away/7 weeks/1.5 months away and it's like time has really flown by. I had all these great expectations of how I would be able to shed 15-20 pounds (during a 7 month period) but my body did not cooperate.
What went wrong:
1. Trip to New York to visit my family and friends. I spent 9 days and had a blast but did not exercise once while I was there. I was walking a lot but definitely did not expend all of the calories i was consuming from multiple meals and alcohol.
2. My injuries keep piling up. I have had my issue with my Achilles tendon since last year but now I'm having knee problems and back pain
3. Beating myself up - too often when I made a bad choice or didn't go to the gym, I spent too much time beating myself about it instead of moving forward.
4. low immune system - I have gotten more colds and flu in the past 4 months than I can remember
What is going right:
1. I have the BEST support group - my fiancee, my friends and my sparkfriends ROCK!
2. The last 4 four weeks have really been a turn around point. Instead of getting frustrated that I cannot run at a 9 min/mile pace. I am just happy to be able to light jog/walk at a 13 minute/mile pace - AS LONG AS I AM BEING ACTIVE
3. I started a liver cleanse that really helped to change my digestion
4. My fiancee and a couple of friends started taking swing dancing classes - FUN
While I still haven't shed the inches around my hips that I was hoping to. I feel I am on the right track. I'm just hoping I can keep moving forward. I know that I still have time to make it happen. Right now I'm glad that I'm not living in the states because Thanksgiving is usually hard for me to eat well. This won't be a problem this year because Thanksgiving already passed in Canada.
Off for a fitting for my dress. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be too disappointed........to be continued.