Changes for Success
Sunday, October 16, 2011
One of my Spark friend's, CAMELA55, has had a series of blogs running "10 Habits for Success." In one of them she challenged us to come up with our own list of changes we could make, or have recently made to help us be successful. She put a ton of thought and mathematical skills to use in hers, mine is much less precise, but here goes.
First let me start my list by saying I struggle to get in my daily protein requirements. This has been an issue for me since my calorie range was raised months ago. I am not a big meat eater, and I have been very guilty of staying within my calorie range but over indulging on junk. To restart my weight loss I believe I need to up my protein daily and lessen the treats.
1) I basically eat the same breakfast every morning. a fruit smoothie, an Organic Crispy Rice bar, and a 1/2T of almond butter. If I replace the rice bar 3 mornings per week with a rice cake I would save 75 to 85 calories per day. This would also allow me to have 1T of almond butter instead of just a 1/2, raising my protein by 1.5 g daily. Even with the additional almond butter, I would save calories daily.
2) Replace ground beef with ground turkey and start to eat more of the ground turkey. I currently only eat ground beef maybe once every two or three months. At 225 calories and 18 fat grams it is not high on my must have list! Ground turkey is only 120 calories for the same 3 oz. and just 6 grams of fat. better yet, it is 16.5 grams of protein compared to just 15. It's a no brainer, just something I haven't done, but will. Bought two packages this past week (now to find some recipes to try.)
3) Baked potato chips instead of the Lay's Classic. The difference is only 30 calories per serving, but the baked have 7 less fat grams. I will learn to love them :P
4) My dad and I go to lunch every Wednesday. It's our Farmer's Market day and we make a whole day of it. I usually order either a 1/2 a spinach or a shrimp and spinach salad. Instead of the house dressing (which I used to looove) I have been getting fresh lemons to squeeze over my greens. Two tablespoons of the house dressing would be at least 130 calories, lemons almost zero. In a month that is a savings of almost 520 calories!
5) I will add a 4th day to Curves at least 2 times per month. Since I burn between 420 and 480 every visit, that is at least an additional 800 calories burned monthly.
So there is my list. If I can stick to this, I will look for additional changes to help me reach my goals!
Wishing you all success on your journey's as well!