Put Live To Be 100 on My Bucket List??
Wednesday, October 05, 2011
Even though I don't have Live to be 100 on my Bucket List following is an interesting MSN Health article that gives you good suggestions on how you can achieve that goal. I'm going to list all the things they suggested you to do to achieve that. To be honest, most of them I already do but the ones I don't I'm going to start doing them as I want to be healthier now.
1. Floss Once a Day can add 6.4 years to your Life Span
2. Take a good Multivitamin slows the signs of aging
3. Weigh Yourself Once a Week because Life-Threatening pounds can creep up and stay at a healthy weight. Staying at a Healthy Weight can add 6 to 7 years to your life.
4. 5 Days a Week eat some Nuts. Pistachios are recommended because they have less calories than most nuts and are so healthy. Eating 1 oz or 45 Pistachios at least 5 times a week can add 2 years to your Life.
5. Do Cardio Exercises 5 Days a Week for 30-60 Minutes can help your body be 20 years younger and you may grow new brain cells.
6. Every Day Commit Hara Hachi Bu - Japanese people in Okinawa live an average of 6 or 7 years longer than most of Americans Do. Hara Hachi Bu just means you only eat until your 80% full and stop--not 100% full like so many people do. Okinawas know that Life is worth Living Well and Healthy!
7. Get Enough Sleep but Not Too Much - Sleep between 6-9 hours a night--no less no more can help live a long life. You'll have a trimmer waist and reduced risk of heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure.
8. Have friends and Socialize with them. Australian Researchers found those people who had a circle of friends outlived folks with the fewest. You can add 3 to 4 years to your life by getting together with friends.
9. Every Year Get a Mammogram.
10. Have Your Cholesterol Checked at every Physical as heart disease is the Leading cause of Death in Women. You can add 6.3 years to your Life by improving your Cholesterol if it's high or keep a normal one.
11. Eat 5 Servings of Fruits and Vegetables Daily
12. Exercise Regularly
13. Drink a Moderate Amount of Alcohol (Up to 7 glasses a week)
14. Avoid Smoking
15. Think Positive
16. Eat Fish and/or nuts
17. Get Out in the Sun to get your Vitamin D or take Supplements
18. Munch on Foods High in Vitamin C and E as they are healthy antioxidants
19. Meditate, do deep breathing or tai chi.
I want to do as many of these as I can possibly do as I aim to be healthy of body and mind as I age gracefully.