THIS is the official PMP Webpage in case this challenge gets its plug pulled:
PIMP MY (P)RIDE PRIVATE CHALLENGE TEAM: teams.sparkpeople.com/pimp-my-
1. By the end of Thursday, September 15, you are challenged to do 2 HOURS OF STRENGTH TRAINING OVER 4 DAYS. This can be broken down to two sets of 15 minutes per day, which ANYONE can make time for if they want to. Between Friday and Sunday night, clock AN ADDITIONAL HOUR. That's 20 minutes on Friday, 20 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. THis is the minimum I expect you to spend on strength training if you are serious about changing your body and health.
No it will not be easy, THAT is why it is called a challenge. If I told you that you had until the end of the week to do 15 minutes total of free weights, it would be so ridiculously easy, that it wouldnt do much for your body.
You can do more than one muscle group OR you can concentrate on just one group for the entire two hours AS LONG AS YOU TAKE REST DAYS BETWEEN THOSE WORKOUTS SO YOUR BODY CAN HEAL AND GROW AND BE MORE EFFICIENT.
**no die hard stupidity please. It is best that you do not work out your arms for two hours tonight just to get it out of the way, esp if you have not been following an ST plan for an established amount of time yet**
2. WRITE ON YOUR CALENDAR/CHART/WHATEVER WHICH GROUPS YOU WORKOUT AND FOR HOW LONG YOU WORKED THEM OUT.
You will need to look back on this next week. You will need to see how often you work each group. You will need to do this so you can learn to keep balance.
3. MUSCLE FAILURE CHALLENGE. Before Sunday, September 19th, pick !!ONE!! of the exercises from your starting line (pushups, situps, planks, squats, etc) and, instead of seeing how many reps you can do in one minute, I want you to (going SLOW and keeping proper form) see how many reps (or in the case of a plank, how many minutes:seconds) you can do before you reach muscle failure and have to stop. I am giving you until Sunday to do this so that it will not interfere with any of your ST sessions unless you want to count it as part of your 2 hour challenge.
4. Take this week to finish getting measurements or taking pictures if you need to!
5. BONUS! Take pictures of your sweaty workout afterglows, of your healthy beautiful food, or how you spend your rest day doing happy active things!