Two Years With the Spark - Thank You Spark - Make my Appointment Today.
Thursday, September 01, 2011
Wow!!! Two years now with the Spark. Two interesting, productive, informative, and enjoyable years of getting support when I need it.
So far I have lost 30 pounds and kept it off - not where I wanted to be yet but on my way. And guess what: that isn't the only benefit I have gotten from being here. I believe with my whole being that I wouldn't have stuck with the exercise program or worked as hard as I have with out the Spark.
1. Almost every day I get encouragement from one or more of my Spark Friends. A little note, and goodie, a Woo Hoo that gives me an upper for the day!
2. Goals that I set and check on the Spark Points that remind me daily to eat fruits and veggies. And they do remind me - I write it on my list to get each week. Today I'm enjoying a nectarine - wouldn't have happened 2 years ago.
3. Counting those miles weekly encourages me to keep going. Exercising in other ways and getting the benefit - hey I even have muscles now!! My bat wings are no more - ok just a little bit. Today I'm doing the Spark Dance - I feel so good.
4. I know from tracking that I was way over on fats and not enough fiber daily.
5. The great reads are a help and when I take the Trivia - sometimes I get all of them right. No matter - I learn.
So I'm going to keep making my appointment every day with the Spark and count on my friends here to keep me heading in the right direction - maybe for years.