Well, I finished up all my challenges. They were great! I highly recommend both the Cooking and Sleep challenge. I looked longingly at the new SparkPeople’s Trick or Treat Trot! Virtual 5K Race. www.sparkpeople.com/mysp
But at this point in time I do not think it would be wise.
I went to the Doctor today. She examined my knee and prescribed Ibuprophen, muscle relaxers & Vicodin. I’m to take the IB 3 times a day and one of the other two just before bed depending on the pain level. She also wants me to continue with my knee stretches & strengthening and of course losing weight would help my knee. She wants me to use caution and slowly build up my exercise because, and I agree that, exercise is essential for good knee health but it must be slowly built up. I think in my exuberance over The Amazing Race, combined with not wanting to let my team down; I just over did it, and kept over doing it. Because prior to that I had walked all over the Renfest and loved it! I WILL get back there again. As soon as I can I am going to buy myself a recumbent bike and work those long leg muscles without the weight bearing.
Other than that, we had to increase my thyroid meds again. She was a bit concerned because the levels had been steadily improving and this last time went in the totally wrong direction. She feels that the stress from the prolonged pain could have caused the adverse effect on my thyroid levels.
So, I’m going to take care of me.
1. I’m going to do my knee stretches every day.
2. I’ll do my knee strength & upper body weights 3 times a week
3. I’m going back to 10 mins of aerobics, (like Spark’s 10 minute challenge again), www.sparkpeople.com/mysp
only this time I’ll start with only every other day, on the opposite day from my strength training.
4. I will rest every Sunday. I really believe that the body benefits from one day of rest a week. Even God rested!
5. I will pay close attention to my diet and cook my yummy low cal/fat foods.
All is well. Take care of you too! cya