Some days I really do wish I could just go to a weight loss ranch or a retreat.
I think the reason I have watched these "loser" shows because I envy the way they can just drop everything and go and work on themselves.
They get chefs, trainers, therapists. They get ENDLESS time to meal plan, to work out, to "reflect".
What brought this up for me today?
Well, it's Friday, and I was thinking about how busy I have been. My job has me doing all KINDS of things lately. More stuff=more paperwork, moving out of my comfort zone. On top of work is workouts. I have added new fitness classes to increase my cardio and my ST. Then there is the food. Planning meals the night before is a chore for me. Counting out the calories, portioning everything, all while being interrupted, breaking up fights with the kids, listening to the husband ask me repeatedly to find something for him. CAN'T THEY SEE I AM BUSY? Better yet, CAN'T THEY LISTEN WHEN I SAY I'M BUSY????
Which brings up the subject of family.
I LOVE my family. They give me purpose. HOWEVER, they need to GET that I NEED time for me. I have an obnoxious teenager who doesn't realize that she CANNOT have her facebook back because of the inappropriate things she REPEATEDLY posts online. In fact, she was taken in to the police station in late July for posting a hate page about another girl. With school starting yesterday, she had 4 pages of math homework THE FIRST DAY. I had to spend 2 hours just on helping her get that done after school.
My husband...... is a kind soul. He just needs some fire lit under him. I found a job online that was a HUGE upgrade for him. HUGE. Better hours, WAY better pay, more time for the kids. I put in his application and resume online for him. He went in, did the interview, AND HE GOT THE JOB!!!! Yay! He would NEVER have done this on his own. I wish he would take more incentive, but I am VERY happy for our family and HE is very happy.
As for the title of my blog. Unless my family wins the lottery, we will never be the family who can afford to send my fatness to a ranch. We cannot afford a chef, a trainer, or even for me to do Jenny Craig or a program like that. I am going to have to tough it out on my own. But how?
Being that I LOVE lists, I made myself another one for how I can create my own little oasis at home:
1. Fill up my ipod with AWESOME songs. It holds a LOT and should be full.
2. Tell the family not to interrupt me when I am wearing the headphones, as headphone time is me time. (Obviously this excluded a burning, bleeding, blue kid or hubby)
3. Use my headphones when food prepping, working out, or doing something obnoxious like cleaning. If I have to clean, I darned well should have some music on to pass the time.
4. I will soak in a bubble bath that smells WONDERFUL after a hard workout. Scented candles in the room are required. And NO, kids, dogs, hubby can NOT interrupt.
5. I will blog, journal, have a coffee date with a friend as my "therapist".
6. I am obligated to do NOTHING when my hurt locker is full or has too much to drag around that day. One of these days I will describe what a hurt locker means to me so whomever might be reading this will know what the heck I am talking about.
I know it might seem silly or strange to some that I have to make myself a list reminding myself to take care of me, but I really have to do it. Otherwise, I find myself putting my needs behind everyone else, dogs included. Until I "get it", I must make lists to remind me that I am important too. For me, the most important part of the lifestyle change requires that I spend the time to take care of MY needs. When I don't take the time plan my food out, I end up going 6 hours without eating, then being FAMISHED and eating things I didn't intend on eating.
Since I am creating my own ranch, this is what my ranch looks like: