Excuses, excuses, excuses
Wednesday, August 03, 2011
Thanks to my friends for trying to light a fire under my tushy.
I have not been doing very well this summer with Sparking & exercise... my eating has been mostly ok. I have been making excuse after excuse for my bad behavior & need to knock it off.
Here are my lame excuses:
1) I got a Kindle in May. Now I read books & play games on that during the time I used to Spark.
2) I've been having a hard time breathing (especially since allergy season started in May).. I was giving myself a "break" from exercising so my lungs could "heal." My doctor told me that exercise could help.
3) I am waiting for my allergy specialist appt on Aug 18 before I listen to my regular dr's advice on exercise. I have been going to the pool on Monday, Wednesday & Friday evenings though to walk/jog against the current on the lazy river at the Aquatic Center.
4) At my July dr appt, I also found out that I am severely deficient of Vitamin D. I have to take 2000 units per day to try to get that # up. I keep thinking that as soon as the Vitamin D is in normal limits I will miraculously feel AWESOME & will want to exercise all of the time.
5) During the school year, I exercise during my lunch hour. During the summer, however, my hubby & girls are at home during the day, so I go home to spend time with them instead of going to the gym... I even suspended my gym membership until Aug 20.
6) It is super hot & humid outside this summer making it difficult to exercise outdoors, even in the evenings. The humidity makes my breathing even worse.
7) There are a ton of mosquitoes outside too.
8) I can't use the TV to exercise on the Wii or a DVD because hubby & the girls are always home & at least one of them is using the TV.
9) I don't like other people to watch me exercise... It makes me self-conscious. Even if it is DH & kids.
SOOOO, as you can see, I am full of something... whether it be excuses or beans, I don't know.
Somebody, please whip me into shape!!