Mother Daughter Weight-Loss Contest Rules
Tuesday, August 02, 2011
1. The contest officially beings August 3rd, 2011 and runs through December 15th, 2011. At the conclusion of the contest, each contestant will evaluate whether a rematch is appropriate for 2012.
2. EACH SUNDAY MORNING, each contestant will weight themselves after using the bathroom and before eating breakfast for the most accurate measurement. They will calculate their percentage of total weight loss by using the following formula:
1. beginning weight – current weight = pounds lost
2. (pounds lost/beginning weight) x 100 = percent weight lost
Each contestant will email or call the other to inform them of their measurements.
3. It is the goal of each contestant to LOSE BETWEEN 0.5-1% of their body weight EACH WEEK
4. At the beginning of each month (Sept 3rd, Oct 3rd, Nov 3rd, and Dec 3rd) each contestant will tally up their percentage of body weight lost and communicate this loss in an email or phone call. Whoever has lost THE LEAST will buy the contestant who lost THE MOST a small gift/prize roughly equal in value (± $2) to the percentage lost. For example, if the winner loses 8% body weight during one month, the loser must buy the winner a gift between $6 and $10 dollars in value.
1. The monthly percentages will be cumulative, so the monthly total amount of money to spend on the gift (and the monetary risk of NOT losing) will increase each month.
2. Weekly percentages will be calculated for that week only and will only serve to help each contestant know the progress of the other.
5. On Dec 15th, the ultimate winner will be declared by tallying up the final total of percentage lost after a final weight-in that will take place the morning of the 15th, when both contestants are present. The loser must buy the winner a new sports bra and pedicure.
I'm excited! We'll see how this goes. My step-dad might join us, also.