Thankful for friends
Friday, July 22, 2011
I good friend of mine from work and I have made a new self-development pact between us. We have decided that in the next 12 weeks we want to develop SIX new habits. I call them "Habits of Success". We acknowledge that if we try to do everything right it will be overwhelming and set us up for failure, so we thought this would be a good way to start.
My habits to develop over the next 12 weeks are:
1. Water: 48 oz. 7x a week
2. Vitamin & fish oil: 7x a week
3. Back exercises: 2 exercises at least 5x per week
4. Exercise: 10 minutes a day at least 5x per week.
5. Time out for God: 10 minutes at least 5x per week
6. Personal Journaling: 200 words at least 5x per week
BONUS: 7 hours of sleep
BONUS: 10,000 steps
I do have two bonus, habits. I know how important they are to my good health, but I'm not sure I can do all of the above and those as well. I thought I'd start with the ones that would be easier to succeed in for now - they are all important to me- then once I've become consistent with those, I will add my bonus habits to the mix.